Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

Devos special friday the 13th edition (by Hannah)

1 Thessalonians 1:2-9
In this part of Scripture the author who is the apostle Paul was encouraging a group of believers and sharing with them how their strong faith in the Lord is shining bright for all of those around them and people all around the city have heard of this mighty Savior. He tells them they live godly lives and are a great example to other believers. After I read these verses I thought what Paul was saying could be used to set standards in my own life. Not that I need to live my life so I can be better than people but with the mindset of with strong faith and actions that speak louder than my words I could be a warrior for Christ and make a difference in my sphere of influence. I need to be a good example for my friends that don’t know this awesome Jesus that I know.
Prayer:
Father I am so thankful for all that you do for me and my family. I would be lost and hurting without you. I pray for strength to stand tall even when the enemy tries pushing me over. I pray for boldness to speak your words to my lost friends and family. I ask that you would guide me in my every day decisions. I love you with all of my heart and I want to be a better person for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment